"100% (Not Diluted)"
Passage: Matthew 5:8–5:8
A pure heart, a singular life, is required to know God and enjoy Him.
1. Seeing God is knowing God. When we know Him and His awesome glory and grace we are comforted, Matthew 22:37-40; John 3:3; John 17:3.
2. It takes a pure heart – pure life – to know God, 1 Samuel 16:7; Psalm 24:3-4; 22:37; 51:10; Jeremiah 17:9; Matthew 6:21-23; 15:7-8; 19:26; Titus 3:5; Ezekiel 36:25-26; Hebrews 12:14.
Community Group Discussion Questions
1. What is it that you love about God? Try and find things that are not directly related to what we receive as benefits.
2. Can we see God? Isn’t He a spirit? Is seeing Jesus the same as seeing God?
a. T or F Rejecting Jesus means rejecting God.
b. T or F Rejecting God means rejecting Jesus.
3. Why does purity help in knowing God?
4. Why is it so easy to become pharisaical when pursuing God?
5. What are some pharisaical 21 Century, Orange County ways we can be tempted to be fakes?
6. Pray for pure hearts.